Thursday 22 December 2011

Dear Santa

Dear Santa,

I feel I have been a good girl this year. I have kept to some of my new years resolutions and I have committed many selfless acts and I feel that the great cosmos has repaid me greatly for my generosity already.

As a family I think we have accomplished a lot and reaped the rewards of working very hard. I'm quite fortunate that I dont need anything this year. I will not freeze if I don't get a new coat, nor will I have no footwear if I do not get new boots.

Obviously there are always things that we think we need in our lives however, this year I am feeling very lucky to have what I already have. It's always nice to receive a gift of jewellery or perfume but this year I will not be asking for material objects.

This year, Santa, I feel I need a bit of Christmas magic. Not directly for me, but for my family. I know I will benefit from their happiness by default but I am asking that this year you put their needs before mine.

The things I would like some help with are:

*some help for T with his toileting. I feel any improvement in this will greatly improve his self esteem.
*please continue to assist him also with his literacy. He has had a slow and un-motivated start but he will get there.
*please help big J to stay 'dry'. He has done tremendously well since May. I know this is a daily struggle for him so please, please continue to guide him away from this evil.
*help J to stay calm and enjoy this family of ours. It's bloody hard work but the rewards are fantastic, even if he rarely sees them as he is working.
*please continue to let V blossom. She is already a remarkable little lady who I am in awe of everyday.
*as ever with little J, I am a little stumped in what to ask for, he is a wonderfully bright little boy and an amazing little person to be around. Perhaps guide him safely through the transition to school in September and help him settle in well.

And if you really must give me a gift; please remind me to count my blessings, every, single day. Give me patience, and allow me to show my children how much I love them and that they are my entire world. More time is something I will never have so please help me to make the best of the time I already have.

I think that's it. I'm not good at stuff like this, so I hope you won't mind the abrupt signing off. You see, I'm trying very hard to get out of this year as quickly as possible, as this is definitely the year that nearly broke me but I am still trying very hard.

I look forward to your visit on Christmas eve and I promise we will leave a clear route for the reindeer to guide them down. (it's edible this year too so they can refuel whilst you make your stop.) We will leave mince pies and a glass of milk as ever and we will toast you with lemonade at our Christmas meal.

Thank you for reading my letter and I shall sign off so you can start getting ready to check your nice list again. I hope I'm on it.

Yours

Danielle x

No comments:

Post a Comment